VMware System Engineer
We’re looking for a VMware System Engineer to join our small but very capable family. We are a team of 11 Engineers that essentially provide Professional services to customers around the Chicagoland area. We have built and maintain our own multi-tenent VMware vCloud and OpenStack cloud platforms. We run lean. If you have boundless energy and desire to work on both creative and sometimes tedious work but in an environment that just might change your life, perhaps this is the opportunity for you.
We are quite literally looking for a person that can do several jobs: Vmware (vCloud) Admin, OpenStack Admin, Storage Admin, Windows Generalist, and the (dreaded) General IT (that is the worst , but it’s absolutely part of the gig).
We know that’s a lot to ask of a person, but all of us here work really hard to do a lot of things, and if you would like to be at the edge of technology and don’t mind having a challenging work-life balance, this is the job for you.
Technical Skills (Required)
- Information Technology with 5+ years experience
- VMWare v5.x experience +2 years experience – upgrade deployment, configuration, and maintain
- Storage experience (Equallogic, Compellent, Nimble, Tegile) – design, build, and maintain
- Basic understanding of Networking
- Windows Server Generalist
Technical Skills (Bonus Points)
- VMware vCloud
- VMware Horizon View
- VMware Capacity Planner
General Skills Requirements
- High level of attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills, organizational skills and time-management skills.
- A motivated self-starter who can overcome or workaround issues independently and involve team members as needed.
- Flexibility to travel locally up to 80% of the time. Chicago Metro Area
- Flexibility to travel outside of the Chicago area 3-4 times per year.
- You should have no problems working in a creative and potentially offensive environment
- Flexibility adapting to deadlines, changing schedules, priorities and unpredictable events in a fast paced environment.
- The ability to communicate and work well in a team environment as well as on an individual basis.
- Must have the ability to prioritize tasks and balance the immediate and long term needs.
- You should have no problem appearing on camera (comfortable in-front of a customer)
- It’s rarely we call on it, but if something breaks in the middle of the night, you are expected to be on call to address issues 24/7.
Some things you should know about this job:
You will be supporting the installation, optimization, integration, troubleshooting and upgrades of VMware and storage solutions for our customers.
Although work is pretty much your life, we do our absolute best to make sure that work is as awesome as possible so you at least enjoy each and every day here.
Compensation & Benefits
- Annual Salary: Negotiable
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Paid Holiday
- Periodic bonuses
- Flexible vacation time